As part of implementing the best practices of UIUC and as a part of, re-engineering of Library and Information Services of Central Library of NITS the library team is working constantly and recently, the reorganization of entire library stocks & services were taken up. Some notable works already completed are:
· Cleaning & rearrangement of Stack Area.
· Books have been arranged as per classification no & stacks have been provided with Bay guides. The list Bay guide will be shortly uploaded to the blog, face book & lib webpage
· The regrouping of various subject collections, preparations of list for write off for old/damaged books.
· Grouping of e-resources.
· Listing of Thesis & Projects
· Listing of all CDs available in the Library.
· Preparation of Library brochure for students giving details of library.
· Justification for demand for additional library staff giving lib stat of last few years.
· Procurement of Pearson e- text book.
· Purchase of new e-resources.
· Provision of 4 computers in library for e-resource access for students.
· Helping in creation of Deptt Library at CSE, EIE & MBA deptt.
· Focus on Technology driven Library and Information Services. To achieve the target, we have taken small step towards this direction by updating the following portals:
Web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
E-books can be accessed from:
E-Learning Suite (Links of E-Books & E-Journals are available)
http://192.168.38.7/LES (click 'login as guest')
FaceBook@Central Library, NIT Silchar
Blog @ Central Library, NIT Silchar
All the e-resources available in the library can be accessed from:
ERMSS-e-resources management and search solution (under maintenance now - will be updated by the end of this month)
And we have joined the American Centre Library Network & British Council Library Network to serve information need of the users.
Further, the following works are in the pipe line:
1. Introduction of Library orientation programme / information literacy programme to students to orient student about library procedure & library resources including e-book & journals. I am sending separate mail to all in this regard.
2. Preparation of the 2015 Library strategy document.
3. Change in the library webpage.
4. Creation of a Institutional repository
5. Up gradation of DL, e-learning software.
6. Installation CCTV.
7. Introduction of electronic bulletin board.
8. Starting of Library News letter.
9. Introduction of LVP
10. Library Resource Awareness workshop by publisher.
Further, for the softcopy of updated list of resources kindly send a mail to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly give wide publicity of the resources by sharing it with the students & research scholars & putting in the notice boards.
Kindly send your suggestions & comments to the undersigned.
With warm regards,